Nebraska KXL Pipeline Uncertainty
So what is the result of the recent Nebraska Supreme Court decision? Watch our video above for answers.
OMAHA, Neb. – Friday January 9, 2015, the Nebraska Supreme Court’s long anticipated decision on our landowner client lawsuit challenging LB 1161, a law enabling the Governor’s grant of eminent domain powers and pipeline route approval to TransCanada, was announced.
We won 4-0 on the question of constitutionality – yet a giant cloud of uncertainty remains over Keystone XL in Nebraska.
Watch our VIDEO above for more.
Photos approved for your use from the Supreme Court Oral Argument:
Link to a copy of the Supreme Court’s 64-page Opinion:
Timeline of Key Legal Events & Links:
- April 17, 2012: Nebraska Governor Approves LB 1161
- May 23, 2012: Domina Law files landowner lawsuit challenging LB 1161
- January 23, 2013: Governor Heineman via LB 1161 Approves Pipeline Route
- September 27, 2013: Trial held on Constitutionality of LB 1161
- February 19, 2014: Landowners Win in District Court
- February 19, 2014: Attorney General’s Office Files Notice of Appeal
- September 5, 2014: Oral Arguments Held in Nebraska Supreme Court
- January 9, 2015: Supreme Court of Nebraska Issues Decision